Frequently Asked Questions
StashBox is a mobile app that enables you save, invest and earn effortlessly. It promotes savings culture and financial literacy.
The app also enables users save or invest.
- You earn between 0%-14% per annum on savings
- You earn between 7% to 10% per annum on investments.
- Interest on investment can be withdrawn immediately
- You enjoy free personal finance and business management tips
Download StashBox.ng app from Play Store or iOS, register, link your card or create a virtual account and choose a savings or investment plan.
No. The purpose for the virtual wallet is to give users the option to fund their savings or investment plan on the app.
You earn 3% of total savings balance from all your referrals.Each referred person(s) must have saved for a minimum of 30 days for you to qualify for bonus payment.
Minimum referral payment per withdrawal is N1,000.
Maximum referral payment per withdrawal is N500,000
No. To earn your referral bonus, you must also have an active savings or investment plan on StashBox.
Every 30 days.
Yes. You can have as many savings or investment plan on the StashBox app. You can also fund each of the plan with virtual wallet or your linked debit card.
Yes, your data is secured with high level security technologies. Our payment processors are PCIDSS compliant to ensure optimum security of your data online.
StashBox is a product of Stash Fintech Ltd. Funds are managed by Afrinvest Trustees Ltd, an investment company licensed and regulated company by Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Nigeria.
To enable the app deduct your savings or investment plans according to your daily, weekly, monthly or casual plan.
Yes, your debit card can be activated or deactivated in-app.
Yes, you can pause your savings and continue at will.
Minimum Savings: ₦50. Minimum Investment: ₦10,000
There is no limit to how much you can save or invest.
Savings: 3 months with most plans, however Diamond plan allows for withdrawal anytime without penal charges. Investment: 3 months for all categories
You are credited within 5 seconds. No withdrawal is allowed on any savings plan within the first 14 days of saving.
You withdraw into your bank account provided. We do not allow third party withdrawal. Withdrawal can be requested partially or in full.
This is an option available to all new and existing savers to lock their savings. Once this button is switched on, your savings cannot be withdrawn until maturity. No funds can be withdrawn until the savings goal is completed or the stated tenor achieved. This helps the saver avoid the temptation to withdraw the funds before time. This process cannot be reversed once set in motion.
The Lock button prevents emergency withdrawal once activated. This can be activated on all savings plans at the discretion of the saver. All saving plans are ‘opened’ by default. No emergency withdrawal is allowed once the locked button is switched on.
Savings can be withdrawn before the tenor due to emergency reasons, however, we have put a 1% penal charge on principal and forfeiture of all interest in order to discourage frequent withdrawals.
This is applicable on all savings plans except Diamond Plan. Diamond Plan is tenorless and allows easy entry and exit. There are no penal charges. If you are not sure of how long to save, please choose the Diamond Plan to avoid penal charges. Investment (Principal) cannot be withdrawn before the agreed tenor.
Yes. For investment, you can withdraw your returns or interest upfront i.e. same day you place the principal investment, however, your investment (principal) cannot be accessed until the end of the agreed period. For savings however, withdrawal of principal and interest can be made at maturity or when needed subject to terms and conditions of each savings plan.
No! That is a suspicious activity. We do not allow it.
To provide another option to save or invest in case your card is not available or not funded. By making a transfer or initiating a standing order transfer, your virtual account is funded, and fund is credited to the respective plan. Your virtual account cannot be used for other transactions outside StashBox.
Your card information is secured and processed by Paystack. Their payment processors are PCIDSS compliant to provide optimum security of your data online. Paystack is licensed by Central Bank of Nigeria as a payment operator. Your card details are not stored on StashBox.
Yes. StashBox is a product of Stash Fintech Ltd, a financial technology incorporated in Nigeria with RC no 1467750.
- Paystack Inc processes the card payments.
- TeamApt helps with the account creation.
- Afrinvest Trustees Ltd. manages the funds
These are fully licensed financial service operators in Nigeria.
- Diamond Savings Plan. Interest rate 4% per annum. Penal Charge is 0. Tenor 0. Savings Frequency is Daily, Weekly, Monthly. Features of this plan are Tenor-less Savings. Minimun savings period is two weeks. Easy entry and exit. Withdrawal within 5 secs. Withdrawal allowed after 14 days.
- Ruby Savings Plan. Interest rate 9% per annum. Penal Charge is 1%. Tenor 3-11 months. Savings Frequency is Daily, Weekly, Monthly. The Ruby Savings plan is for short term savings, ideal for short term savings goal.
- Sapphire Savings Plan. Interest rate 14% per annum. Penal Charge is 1%. Tenor must be 12 months & above. Savings Frequency is Daily, Weekly, Monthly. The Sapphire Savings Plan is long term savings, ideal for everyone.
- Pearl Savings Plan. Interest rate 4% per annum. Penal Charge is n/a. Minimum Tenor 3 months. Savings Frequency is Not Applicable. The features associated with this plan are: Interest paid upfront. Principal savings is locked and cannot be withdrawn till maturity. No emergency withdrawal allowed unlike other plans.
- Wadiah Savings Plan. Interest rate 0% per annum. Penal Charge is 0%. Tenor: Minimum tenor: 3 months. Savings Frequency is Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Casually. This savings plan is a non-Interest, Islamic savings for Muslim Faithfuls.
- Emerald USD Savings. Interest rate 2% per annum. Penal Charge is 6%. Minimum tenor: 6 months upwards. Savings Frequency is Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Casually. USD savings. The Emerald USD Savings is a savings plan for Nigerians and non-Nigerians in USD. International card or local cards allowed.
- Terms: All locked savings plans cannot be withdrawn until their maturity date. Withdrwals can be made from any unlocked savings plan due to emergency from 15th day and above. Any withdrawal before maturity date attracts 1% charge and full forfeiture of interest. This is applicable to all savings plans except diamond plan.
- Starters Investor Plan. ₦10,000; ₦20,000; ₦50,000 or ₦100,000 for 3, 6, 9, 12 months and above. Get 7% interest on your investment.
- Standard Investors Plan. Invest ₦250,000. ₦500,000 or ₦750,000 or ₦1m for 6, 9, 12 months and above. Get 8% interest on your investment.
- VIP Investors Plan. Invest ₦1,250,000. ₦1,500,000 or ₦2,000,000 for 6, 9, 12 months and above. Get 9% interest on your investment.
- V.VIP Investors Plan. . Invest ₦3,000,000 and above for 6, 9, 12 months and above. Get 10% interest on your investment.
Your BVN is required to validate your identity and kick against identity theft. This ensures another level of safety for your funds and transactions.
No, unless required by law.
Anyone, anywhere. Young individuals, business owners, employees, salaried individuals, self-employed etc.
- What are the Terms and Conditions?
Kindly read and understand the terms via this link. Terms & Conditions
1A, Hughes Avenue, Yaba Lagos.
Plot 741, Plot 741, Banex, Aminu kano Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.
Phone No: +234 -701 1113 422; +234- 802 1111 820
Download StashBox.ng On Android or iOS App Stores.